We are open for classroom training with strict Covid-19 Level 1 protocols in place.
To master the ability to coach is an essential skill for today’s leaders. This goes beyond planned coaching interventions, and extends into the realm of everyday leadership behaviour, with many progressive organisations adopting a “leader as a coach” style of management.
In this one-day workshop you will learn that these sorts of leaders:
- Enable their staff to perform independently of them.
- Encourage staff to take responsibility for their own success.
- Enhance staff productivity, performance, morale, confidence and job satisfaction.
- Reduce pressure on themselves, and free up time to focus on other priorities.
The workshop will equip you with all the skills you need to be an effective coach.
|Delivery Method||Duration||Price (excl. VAT)|
|Fulltime||2 Day||R 4,598.00|
|Webinar||2 Day||R 3,698.00|
Anyone who would like to learn the skill of coaching as a tool to develop their people, and lead them to readily take accountability, make better decisions, and reach their personal goals. This would benefit any person in a leadership position.
Some leadership experience would be useful.
Course Outline / Curriculum
- Some “talk and chalk” teaching sessions. Lots of dialogue with the large group. Small group breakaways. Skills practice sessions.
- You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants, and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Participants will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- Then time will be spent exploring what coaching means, reviewing coaching skills, and discovering the benefits to staff, the leader, and the organisation
- The difference between coaching and mentoring will be discussed. And the interaction of leadership, management and coaching activity will be explored in relation to the situations being confronted by leaders, and the experience and competence of staff they are engaging with.
Coaching and Performance Management:
- The pivotal role of the coaching conversation in an integrated performance management procedure will be described.
A Coaching Style of Leadership:
- In this session participants will be introduced to a modern, holistic but simple Leadership Model that includes a vital element on Nurturing and Coaching staff.
Elements of an Effective Coaching Conversation:
- The focus changes in this session to begin taking on board the skills you will need to be an effective coach. We will delve into the practical details of the three pillars on which the coaching conversations rest: building Trust, Active Listening, and incisive Questioning.
- The opportunities for both planned, formal coaching sessions, and impromptu, everyday engagement will be emphasised.
The Coaching Process:
- In this key session, the four-step GROW coaching model will be described. Then, a practical application of the model will be conducted by participants operating in coach/coachee/observer triads.
A Leadership Survey, and Action Planning guidance:
- Finally, participants will be encouraged to fully develop the skills they have learnt at the workshop by:
- Getting feedback on their coaching and general leadership performance via a simple-to-use Leadership Survey provided
- Setting in motion appropriate personal action plans.
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.