In the interests of protecting our staff, trainers and you, our clients, we will be suspending all instructor-led training from 15th July 2020 until it is safe again.
Our company is working remotely to serve our clients and we are still offering courses via webinar. If you feel your online course didn’t meet that standard, you are welcome to re-attend your course in class when we re-open.
Conflict will happen in the workplace. We are individuals with unique ambitions and commitments, and when something we hold as important is threatened, we will take it personally. Conflict may be exciting and energising, but it affects productivity and morale. In this module, we will learn how to improve our conflict management skills and apply problem solving techniques.
Conflict often occurs spontaneously. In this module we explore models to respond rapidly as well as an introduction to principled negotiation as a tool to deal with conflict.
- Define conflict
- Select an approach/strategy to deal with conflict
- Learn to develop rapport
- Learn to develop empathy
- Apply problem solving techniques to conflict
- Manage anger
- Know how to handle unexpected confrontation
- Explore bargaining positions
- Learn the Principled Negotiation Model
- Apply your insights in a world café format to sharpen your skills
|Delivery Method||Duration||Price (excl. VAT)|
|Fulltime||1 Day||R 2,299.00|
|Webinar||1 Day||R 1,849.00|
Save up to 10% by booking and paying 10 business days before the course.
Managers, HR Personnel, business leaders and anyone needing systematic tools to deal effectively with conflict.
Course Outline / Curriculum
1. Understanding conflict
- Conflict definition
- What is conflict?
- What triggers conflict?
- Understand your approach to conflict
- Four possible approaches to conflict
- Conflict Resolution
2. Preventing conflict
- Nonviolent Communications
- Electronic communication
- Active listening
- Team Building and Conflict Prevention
3. Apply problem solving techniques to conflict
- Problem Solving Model
- Applied to Conflict Resolution
- Categories of Conflicts
- Conflict Resolution Model
4. Managing anger
- Understanding anger
- Preparing for conflict
- Dealing with anger
5. Unexpected confrontation
- The Drama Triangle
- Proposed steps
- 1. Mindfulness
- 2. Delay if possible
- 3. Take time to explore accusations
- 4. Share your intentions and admit mistakes
- 5. Avoid classical P R V roles
6 Positional bargaining
- Achieving good agreements
- Exposition of Soft/Hard bargaining positions
- Why are Soft/Hard positions problematic?
7. Principled Negotiation Model
- Application as a conflict resolution model
- The four prescriptions of Principled Negotiation
- 1. Dissociate problems and people
- 2. Focus on interests not positions
- 3. Create opportunities for mutual benefit
- 8. Use critically objective criteria
8. Case studies
Schedule Dates and Booking
To apply for a booking, click on the relevant "Book Now" button below.
Note: places are only fully secured once payment has been made.
|Thu 20 Aug 2020||Not Applicable||Scheduled|
|Thu 22 Oct 2020||Woodmead||Provisional|