In the interests of protecting our staff, trainers and you, our clients, we will be suspending all instructor-led training from 15th July 2020 until it is safe again.
Our company is working remotely to serve our clients and we are still offering courses via webinar. If you feel your online course didn’t meet that standard, you are welcome to re-attend your course in class when we re-open.
Delegation is also often one of the hardest skills for a manager to master. However, the skill can be learned. This one-day workshop will explore many of the facets of delegation, including when to delegate and who to delegate to. We will also go through the delegation process step by step to see where the pitfalls lie and what we can do about getting around them.
This course will help you teach participants how to:
- Clearly identify how delegation fits into their job and how it can make them more successful.
- Identify different ways of delegating tasks.
- Use an eight-step process for effective delegation.
- Give better instructions for better delegation results.
- Ask better questions and listen more effectively.
- Recognize common delegation pitfalls and how to avoid them.
- Test their delegation skills.
|Delivery Method||Duration||Price (excl. VAT)|
|Fulltime||1 Day||R 2,299.00|
|Webinar||1 Day||R 1,849.00|
Save up to 10% by booking and paying 10 business days before the course.
Course Outline / Curriculum
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- Why Delegate?
- To begin, participants will explore the advantages and disadvantages of delegation in small groups.
- What is Delegation?
- Next, participants will learn about the four basic steps to delegation and the different degrees of delegation.
- Pre-Assignment Review
- As a pre-assignment, participants were asked to complete a case study. During this session, you will discuss the answers.
- Picking the Right Person
- This session will give participants four tools to help them determine who to choose for what task.
- The Delegation Meeting
- Next, we will explore an eight-step process that participants can follow to ensure they cover all the bases when delegating.
- Levels of Authority
- This session will look at the four levels of authority you can give when delegating.
- Giving Instructions
- Participants will learn how to give better instructions, and then they will practice giving and receiving instructions through a group activity.
- Communication Skills
- One way to help employees accept your delegation is through effective communications. This session will look at three components of communication skills: listening, asking questions, and probing.
- Monitoring Delegation
- Next, participants will explore five ways of monitoring delegation.
- Practicing Delegation
- During this session, participants will work in small groups to complete a five part case study to give them hands-on practice with the skills learned so far today.
- Giving Feedback
- This session will give participants some tips on giving feedback. Then, participants will work on several different case studies to apply these tips.
- Becoming a Good Delegator
- To wrap up the day, we will look at the characteristics of a good delegator and some ways to evaluate your skills.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.