We are open for classroom training with strict Covid-19 Level 1 protocols in place.
Often we mistake assertiveness with aggression, or even with its opposite, timidness, depending on our world view.
Great work and personal relationships and even the ability to build long lasting, beneficial relationships with our customers can be greatly improved through adult-adult assertive behaviour. This workshop will explore assertiveness as a tool to build confidence and impact.
|Delivery Method||Duration||Price (excl. VAT)|
|Fulltime||1 Day||R 2,299.00|
|Webinar||1 Day||R 1,849.00|
Save up to 10% by booking and paying 10 business days before the course.
Any group or individual who require assertiveness skills in their role or who feels they would benefit from developing their assertiveness skills.
Course Outline / Curriculum
- Defining Assertiveness
- Define assertiveness.
- Explore the importance of assertiveness in building successful relationships with colleagues, partners and clients.
- Identify and understand the PAC model and transactional analysis.
- Identify own levels of assertiveness.
- You and Assertiveness
- Understand where your current mode of behaviour stems from.
- Understand empathy and practice empathy linked to assertive behaviour.
- Taking Control of any situation in an assertive manner.
- Apply a behavioural tool to overcome faulty belief systems.
- Explore built in reactions to the behaviours of others.
- Building Assertiveness Tools
- Identify the tools of assertive people.
- Use a listening model to act assertively.
- Understand assertive body language and phrases.
- The art of saying No
- Creating and fostering mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Brave challenging conversation by using an assertiveness tool.
- Keeping the Momentum
- Create a personal action plan with SMART goals.
- Apply your tools in the workplace to function assertively.
- Complete a Workplace Workout.
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.