In the interests of protecting our staff, trainers and you, our clients, we will be suspending all instructor-led training from 15th July 2020 until it is safe again.
Our company is working remotely to serve our clients and we are still offering courses via webinar. If you feel your online course didn’t meet that standard, you are welcome to re-attend your course in class when we re-open.
This five day course suits developers who are making the full conversion to Drupal from .NET, Coldfusion Java or other framework or CMS. This would suit developers who have no prior experience with Drupal, giving them insight into how Drupal works from the ground up.1
|Delivery Method||Duration||Cost (excl. VAT)|
|Fulltime||5 Day||R 21,250.00|
|Webinar||5 Day||R 17,750.00|
Save up to 10% by booking and paying 10 business days before the course.
By the end of the training you will be able to:
- Create customizable, configurable layouts.
- Create a system to allow users to modify
- layout without touching code.
- Employ contexts and variants for a control over display of content depending on context such as page or user role.
Learn the essential features and structures of PHP, and how they are expressed in Drupal in this one day course. This is a great primer for the Module Development course. Depending on your background, you might be surprised (or scared) at the things you can do with PHP. The language is noted for being very flexible and easy to learn. The ease of learning is due in part to the good examples available in the project documentation. This course is ideal for people who already other programming languages, but are new to PHP. This course is also suitable for those who know PHP but want to understand how to "read code" used in Drupal. This course is NOT an introduction to programming.
You will learn how to develop a module step by step. You'll learn how to navigate the extensive documentation available and determine where you can hook into the system and add your new functionality. You will also learn about developer workflow and maintaining your site. By the end of the training you will be able to:
- Understand Drupal's hook system and development architecture
- Insert and extract data using Drupal's core database abstraction layer.
- Responsibly modify contributed modules using patches
- Employ and articulate best practices, security techniques, conventions and coding standards
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.