In the interests of protecting our staff, trainers and you, our clients, we will be suspending all instructor-led training from 15th July 2020 until it is safe again.
Our company is working remotely to serve our clients and we are still offering courses via webinar. If you feel your online course didn’t meet that standard, you are welcome to re-attend your course in class when we re-open.
This course is offered in conjunction with LGIT Smart Solutions. The main purpose of the course is to give students the ability to add BI techniques to Excel data analysis. The course goes beyond the capabilities of tables and charts and uses Pivot Charts, the Excel Data Model, and Power BI.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explore and extend a classic Excel dashboard.
- Explore and extend an Excel data model.
- Pre-format and import a .CSV file.
- Import data from a SQL Server database
- Import data from a report.
- Create measures using advanced DAX functions.
- Create data visualizations in Excel.
- Create a Power BI dashboard with Excel.
|Delivery Method||Duration||Price (excl. VAT)|
|Fulltime||3 days||R 7,500.00|
|Webinar||3 days||R 6,150.00|
Save up to 10% by booking and paying 10 business days before the course.
This course is intended for students who are experienced with Microsoft Excel and who wish to add Business intelligence techniques and visualization. The course will take students beyond the capabilities of tables and charts using Pivot Charts, the Excel Data Model and Power BI.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel spreadsheets including formulas, charts, filtering, sorting, and sub-totals.
- Basic knowledge of data analytics equivalent to having attended Excel Dashboards.
Course Outline / Curriculum
- Module 1: Data Analysis in Excel
This module looks at the classic Excel dashboard and at ways to extend it.
- Classic Data Analysis with Excel
- Excel Pivot Tables
- Limitations of Classic Data Analysis
- Module 2: The Excel Data Model
This module looks at the classic Excel data model and at ways to extend it.
- Using an Excel Data Model
- Module 3: Importing Data from Files
This module looks at pre-formatting and importing CSV files.
- Importing Data into Excel
- Shaping and Transforming Data
- Loading Data
- Module 4: Importing Data from Databases
This module looks at how to import data into Excel from a SQL Server database.
- Available Data Sources
- Previewing, Shaping, and Transforming Data
- Table Relationships and Hierarchies
- Loading Data
- Module 5: Importing Data from Excel Reports
This module describes how to import data from a report.
- Importing Data from Excel Reports
- Transforming Excel report Data
- Module 6: Creating and Formatting Measures
This module describes how to create and format measures.
- Advanced DAX Functions
- Module 7: Visualizing Data in Excel
This module describes how to visualize data in Excel.
- Pivot Charts
- Cube Functions
- Charts for Cube Functions
- Module 8: Using Excel with Power BI
This module describes how to use Excel with Power BI.
- Power BI
- Uploading Excel Data to Power BI
- Power BI Mobile App
Schedule Dates and Booking
To apply for a booking, click on the relevant "Book Now" button below.
Note: places are only fully secured once payment has been made.
|Wed 5 Aug 2020||Woodmead||Scheduled||
|Wed 2 Sep 2020||Woodmead||Scheduled|
|Wed 7 Oct 2020||Woodmead||Provisional|