COVID-19 READINESS PLAN
Leading Training is open for classroom based training as from the 10th of June. We have put strict safety measures in place, please see our COVID-19 READINESS PLAN
Those not comfortable attending classroom training are welcome to attend via webinar.
In this workshop you will learn to import, process and effectively analyze large amounts of data. In addition to basic SQL techniques, you will learn more about efficient modeling of mass data. A special part will show you how to integrate external business logic directly into PostgreSQL. More at:
During this course you will learn how to use PostgreSQL for business intelligence related tasks. You will learn to write sophisticated SQL and see how the database system can be scaled up to BI needs.
|Delivery Method||Duration||Price (excl. VAT)|
|Fulltime||3 Days||R 0.00|
|Webinar||5 Days||R 0.00|
- Business Intelligence Professionals
- PostgreSQL knowledge
Course Outline / Curriculum
- Preparing data structures for analysis
- Data structures for data warehousing
- Bulk loading
- LOGGED vs. UNLOGGED tables
- Tuning imports
Analytics and windowing functions
- Simple windows (rank, dense_rank, etc.)
- Frame clauses and sliding windows
- Performance tuning
Serverside business logic
- Including server side modules
- Data mining with PL/R
- PostgreSQL for business intelligence
- Detecting and optimizing slow queries
- Optimizing large queries
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.