In the interests of protecting our staff, trainers and you, our clients, we will be suspending all instructor-led training from 15th July 2020 until it is safe again.
Our company is working remotely to serve our clients and we are still offering courses via webinar. If you feel your online course didn’t meet that standard, you are welcome to re-attend your course in class when we re-open.
This one-day workshop will help you teach participants how to:
- Distinguish facilitation from instruction and training
- Identify the competencies linked to effective small group facilitation
- Understand the difference between content and process
- Identify the four stages of team development and ways to help teams through each stage
- Use common process tools to make meetings easier and more productive
|Delivery Method||Duration||Price (excl. VAT)|
|Fulltime||1 Day||R 2,299.00|
|Webinar||1 Day||R 1,849.00|
Save up to 10% by booking and paying 10 business days before the course.
Trainers, Teachers, Facilitators
Course Outline / Curriculum
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- Participants will explore the differences between instruction, facilitation, and management in small and large groups.
- What is a Facilitator?
- Through a lecture, participants will learn about the history of facilitation, some key skills, the levels of facilitation, and the facilitation process.
- Content and Process
- It is very important for facilitators to understand the differences between content and process, as they have a different role in each element. These concepts will be explored in a large group discussion.
- Group Norms
- During this session, participants will learn about team norms and set some for themselves to guide the rest of the workshop.
- Types of Thinking
- This session will explore divergent thinking, convergent thinking, the groan zone, and multi-voting tools through a lecture and a large group exercise.
- Controversial Issues
- Facilitators are often asked for their help when a group has a controversial issue to deal with. In this session we will learn about a tool that can help participants facilitate these types of issues: the gradient of agreement.
- Communication Skills
- A key part of the facilitator's toolbox is communication skills. We will discuss how to ask good questions, how to actively listen, how to use non-verbal messages, and how to listen for common ground.
- Common Facilitation Techniques
- We will spend several hours looking at twenty techniques that facilitators often use. First we will explore these techniques through lecture, and then participants will role play the techniques in front of the large group.
- Effective Feedback
- Giving and receiving feedback is an important part of facilitation. We will look at both elements during this session.
- Dealing with Difficult Dynamics
- Participants will work in small groups to complete a mix-and-match exercise on difficult people and how to manage them.
- Sustainable Agreements
- As a facilitator, you want to make sure that all points of view have been considered, so that when an agreement is reached, it is one that everyone is happy with. During this session we will look at the components of a sustainable agreement/
Schedule Dates and Booking
To apply for a booking, click on the relevant "Book Now" button below.
Note: places are only fully secured once payment has been made.
|Tue 4 Aug 2020||Woodmead||Provisional|
|Tue 1 Sep 2020||Woodmead||Scheduled|
|Tue 6 Oct 2020||Woodmead||Scheduled|
|Tue 1 Dec 2020||Woodmead||Scheduled|