Leading Training is online and available during the Covid-19 Shutdown.
Our staff are working from home and can do the following:
- Webinar training and e-learning
- Development work
We can provide remote assistance to anyone who needs it, however as an IT support company we are willing to provide emergency support to companies that are essential service providers.
If you require any help from us please make use of the live chat below.
TCP/IP Stands for Transmission Control Protocol over the Internet Protocol and it has come to represent the stack of protocols used for modern computer networking. (A protocol is the set of rules that determine the format of data and control information that is transmitted over the network).This course covers a broad overview of the components to a network protocol stack. It focuses specifically on the format of TCP/IP Packets. The set up of network interfaces on computers (in Linux or Windows). Understanding static destination based routing on a network. Understanding calculating netmasks and CIDR.
|Delivery Method||Duration||Price (excl. VAT)|
|Fulltime||2 Days||R 5,258.00|
|Webinar||2 Days||R 3,698.00|
Save up to 10% by booking and paying 10 business days before the course.
AudiencePC Technicians. System Administrators. Programmers. IT Managers.
Pre-RequisitesComputer Literacy. A Basic experience of computer networks as a user.
Course Outline / Curriculum
- Computer Networking Overview
- Common Technologies
- Jargon Demistified
- The Network Stack
- Brief overview of the OSI Stack
- The TCP/IP Stack
- Wireless Protocols
- WAN Protocols
- The IP Protocol
- Routing the reason for IP
- The IP Packet
- Private Networks(RFC1918) and NAT
- Practical Network Interface Setup
- ipconfig and ifconfig
- Static network setup
- DHCP considerations
- ICMP and IP diagnostics
- ICMP echo and PING
- TTL and destination unreachable and TRACEROUTE
- Fragmentation and MTU
- TCP and UDP
- The reason for TCP - Sessions
- Compare and contrast TCP and UDP
- Packet Structure
- Port addresses and Sockets
- The netstat command
- Understanding Important Application Layer Protocols
- File Protocols
- VPN technologies
- Other Useful tools
- Port Scanners
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.