We are open for classroom training with strict Covid-19 Level 1 protocols in place.
If people can't remember or agree on what actually occurred at a meeting, how can the group effectively accomplish its objectives? This workshop will enable participants to understand their role as a minute taker and the best techniques for producing minutes that include all the essential information needed.
Specific learning objectives include:
- Recognize the importance of minute-taking.
- Develop key minute-taking skills, including listening skills, critical thinking, and organization.
- Be able to remedy many of the complaints that beset minute-takers.
- Be able to write minutes that are suitable for formal meetings, semi-formal meetings, and action minutes.
- Be an efficient minute-taker in any type of meeting.
- Be able to prepare and maintain a minute book.
|Delivery Method||Duration||Price (excl. VAT)|
|Fulltime||1 Day||R 2,299.00|
|Webinar||1 Day||R 1,849.00|
Save up to 10% by booking and paying 10 business days before the course.
AudienceAny individual wishing to spice up his / her skills in taking minutes
Course Outline / Curriculum
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- The Role of a Minute Taker
- To begin, participants will discuss the role of a minute taker. They will also explore common problems and solutions in small groups.
- The Skills of a Minute Taker
- Next, participants will learn about the three key skills that a minute taker must have: an ability to listen, critical thinking skills, and good organization techniques.
- Meeting Agreements
- This session will discuss meeting agreements and give participants three templates to take away and customize.
- Styles of Minutes
- During this session, participants will look at samples of three types of minutes: formal, informal, and action.
- What Do I Record?
- Next, participants will learn what to record during a meeting.
- Techniques for Preparing Minutes
- This session will give participants the tools for creating minutes, including organization methods, techniques for writing drafts, and proofreading tips.
- Taking Minutes in an Interactive Meeting
- During this session, participants will learn how their role as a minute-taker will be different in an interactive meeting.
- The Minute Book
- To wrap up the day, participants will learn how to build and maintain a minute book.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.