Leading Training is online and available during the Covid-19 Shutdown.
Our staff are working from home and can do the following:
- Webinar training and e-learning
- Development work
We can provide remote assistance to anyone who needs it, however as an IT support company we are willing to provide emergency support to companies that are essential service providers.
If you require any help from us please make use of the live chat below.
This course covers fundamental concepts in project management such as key terminology, defining a project and looking at project roles and the project lifecycle. This course is aligned to the Unit standard SAQA ID 120372 - Explain the fundamentals of project management, NQF Level 4, CREDITS 5. This course is a pre-requisite to our 3-day Project Management Tools and Techniques Course (formerly Introduction to Project Management).
This one-day workshop will help you teach participants how to:
- Define the terms "project" and "project management"
- Identify the benefits of projects
- Identify the phases of a project's life cycle
- Sell ideas and make presentations
- Prioritize projects
- Begin conceptualizing their project, including goals and vision statements
- Use a target chart and other planning tools
- Complete a Statement of Work
|Delivery Method||Duration||Price (excl. VAT)|
|Fulltime||1 Day||R 2,500.00|
|Webinar||1 Day||R 2,050.00|
Save up to 10% by booking and paying 10 business days before the course.
Anyone who is interested in the field of project management but who is overwhelmed by the terminology and needs an introduction to the main concepts.
A matric is beneficial especially if you wish to progress to our accredited Project Management Tools and Techniques Course.
No project management experience is necessary.
Matric level English reading and writing skills.
Course Outline / Curriculum
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- Defining Projects and Project Management
- To begin the day, we will look at what a project is and what project management means. We will also look at some of the key players in a project team.
- The Role of a Project Manager
- This session will examine some of the key skills that a project manager needs. We will also look at developing a proposal.
- How Can Projects Help Me?
- Often, people see projects as just more work to do. However, if managed properly, projects can provide tremendous growth and satisfaction for all those involved. We will look at some of the benefits and challenges of projects in a lecture and a case study.
- A Project's Life Cycle
- This session will explore the four major phases of a project. Participants will complete a mix-and-match exercise to reinforce the concept.
- Selling a Project
- If you can identify a project that will bring benefits to your company, that's great. However, getting support for that project can be a whole other story. This session will look at some ways to prioritize and sell projects.
- Creating a Vision
- Before you start planning a project, you must know what you want the project to achieve. The best way to do this is to create a vision statement. We will discuss what a vision statement is and how to create one. Then, participants will work in small groups to create a vision for a sample project.
- Project Goals
- This session will discuss the six key parts to a project goal. Then, participants will write some goals for a project they are working on.
- Using a Target Chart
- A target chart can help you identify the biggest priorities in your project and help you see how to achieve your goals. This session will explore how to create and use a target chart.
- Preparing Your Project
- Once you have decided which project to promote to others and identified your vision and goals, there are some considerations you want to be prepared for. Participants will discuss six key considerations in small groups.
- Laying out the Project
- Now that we have a good idea of what our project will entail, we can create the charter and statement of work. We will also look at using a project planning worksheet.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.