In the interests of protecting our staff, trainers and you, our clients, we will be suspending all instructor-led training from 15th July 2020 until it is safe again.
Our company is working remotely to serve our clients and we are still offering courses via webinar. If you feel your online course didn’t meet that standard, you are welcome to re-attend your course in class when we re-open.
This practical course will equip learners with the required knowledge and skills to conduct moderation of outcomes-based assessment. The Moderator training course will further your understanding of the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and will help you in developing your skills. It is the responsibility of the Moderator to moderate assessment according to relevant outcome statements and quality assurance requirements. The responsibility of the Moderator is significant and they need to meet a high standard of criteria and have to be registered before they are allowed to moderate.
Level 6, Credits 10
On completion of this programme learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of moderation within the context of an outcomes-based assessment system
- Plan and prepare for moderation
- Conduct moderation
- Advise and support assessors
- Report, record and administer moderation
- Review moderation systems and processes
|Delivery Method||Duration||Price (excl. VAT)|
|Fulltime||3 Days||R 5,999.00|
Save up to 10% by booking and paying 10 business days before the course.
HR Managers, Trainers, Learner Trainers, Coaches, Facilitators, T&D Managers, Skills Development Facilitators, Assessors and anyone needing to moderate assessments of staff or be accredited by the ETDP SETA as a moderator.
It is assumed for credit calculation, that learners are already competent in the learning area in which they will provide moderation of assessment. (Have scope or experience to assess in a specific field.) One would need to have done the Assessor Course first (US115753). It is recommended that learners have at least 14 days workplace experience in training or facilitation (part time or full time and bring proof thereof). Basic communication skills (English = reading and writing skills on
Course Outline / Curriculum
- MODULE 1: Understanding of moderation within the context of an outcomes-based assessment system
- Moderation’s contribution to quality assured assessment.
- Moderation within the context of an OBE system
- Moderation and assessment methods and activities
- The moderator’s role and responsibilities
- MODULE 2: Plan and Prepare for Moderation:
- Planning the extent of moderation and methods of moderation
- Clarifying the context of the assessments under review
- Considering special needs
- Planning the moderation methods and processes
- Moderation techniques and processes
- Sampling of assessments
- MODULE 3: Conduct Moderation:
- Checking and judging the assessment instruments and process
- Confirming that special needs of learners have been provided for
- Handling appeals against assessment decisions
- Moderating recognition of prior learning
- Making the moderation decision
- Moderation checklists
- Confirming the assessment decisions
- MODULE 4: Advise and Support Assessors:
- Giving feedback to assessors
- The VARCCS report
- MODULE 5: Report, Record and Administer Moderation:
- Reporting to designated role players
- Report format and content
- Maintaining records
- MODULE 6: Review Moderation Systems and Processes:
- Using a SWOT Analysis
- Management Systems and Policies
Schedule Dates and Booking
To apply for a booking, click on the relevant "Book Now" button below.
Note: places are only fully secured once payment has been made.
|Mon 24 Aug 2020||Not Applicable||Scheduled|
|Mon 14 Sep 2020||Not Applicable||Scheduled|
|Mon 16 Nov 2020||Woodmead||Scheduled|