Leading Training is online and available during the Covid-19 Shutdown.
Our staff are working from home and can do the following:
- Webinar training and e-learning
- Development work
We can provide remote assistance to anyone who needs it, however as an IT support company we are willing to provide emergency support to companies that are essential service providers.
If you require any help from us please make use of the live chat below.
A thoughtful new employee orientation program, coupled with an employee handbook that communicates workplace policies, can reduce turnover and save your organization thousands of dollars. Whether your company has two employees or a thousand employees, don't leave employee retention to chance. Give them what they need to feel welcome, know why they were hired, and know how to do the job.
Learning objectives for participants include:
- Understand how important an orientation program is to an organization.
- Identify the role of the human resource department in the orientation program.
- Recognize how the commitment curve affects both new employees and their managers.
- Know what companies can do to deliver their promise to new employees.
- Determine the critical elements of effective employee training.
- Establish the importance of having an employee handbook for new and long-term employees.
|Delivery Method||Duration||Price (excl. VAT)|
|Fulltime||1 Day||R 1,838.00|
|Webinar||1 Day||R 1,388.00|
Save up to 10% by booking and paying 10 business days before the course.
Business owners, managers, HR personnel
Course Outline / Curriculum
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- Finding, Hiring, and Keeping Good People
- To begin, participants will discuss the organizational activities required to find, hire, and keep good people, and how those activities tie into an orientation process.
- Building Employee Commitment
- Next, participants will learn about the four pillars of commitment: clarity, competence, influence, and appreciation.
- During this session, participants will explore how perceptions and appearances can affect orientation.
- Fast Track Orientation
- This session will discuss what kind of orientation is best for short term employees.
- Designing a Successful Orientation Program
- Next, participants will think about their own experiences with orientation. They will combine this with a list of common orientation mistakes to develop a framework for designing a successful program.
- The Eight Orientation Habits of World-Class Employers
- During this session, participants will learn what world-class employers do to make their orientation program a success.
- Obtaining Buy-In
- This session will give participants some ways to get buy-in from supervisors for the orientation program.
- The Commitment Curve
- Next, participants will learn about the employer/employee commitment curve, and how to make the orientation process work with it.
- Characteristics of a Successful Orientation Process
- During this session, participants will discuss the top ten characteristics of a successful orientation process and how they can incorporate those items into their organization.
- Employee Training
- Participants will spend this session completing Kolb's learning style inventory and learning how it applies to employee orientation and training.
- Addressing Learner Needs and Expectations
- This session will teach participants how to define training expectations.
- Working with External Providers
- Next, participants will discuss what to consider when working with external providers during orientation.
- Adult Learning
- This session will introduce participants to the principles of adult learning. Participants will also discuss how to incorporate these principles into orientation and training.
- How to Build and Sustain Interest
- During this session, participants will learn how to motivate their employees during orientation.
- Bridging the Generation Gap
- Next, participants will take a brief look at resolving generational issues.
- Creating Employee Manuals
- During this session, participants will discuss what should be included in employee handbooks.
- A Checklist for Success
- To wrap up the day, participants will create a checklist of necessary items for their orientation. Then, they will work with a partner to brainstorm ways to improve their current orientation process.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the workshop, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.