Leading Training is online and available during the Covid-19 Shutdown.
Our staff are working from home and can do the following:
- Webinar training and e-learning
- Development work
We can provide remote assistance to anyone who needs it, however as an IT support company we are willing to provide emergency support to companies that are essential service providers.
If you require any help from us please make use of the live chat below.
Understanding the cycle of finance will help you figure out where you fit into your company's financial structure, and how to keep your department out of the red. This two-day workshop will help you prepare budgets and make decisions with confidence.
Participants should complete Leading Training's Accounting Skills for New Supervisors course before this workshop or have equivalent knowledge.
At the conclusion of this workshop, you should be able to:
- Define basic financial terminology
- Prepare a budget of any type or size
- Get your budget approved
- Perform basic ratio analysis
- Make better financial decisions
|Delivery Method||Duration||Price (excl. VAT)|
|Fulltime||2 Days||R 3,960.00|
|Webinar||2 Days||R 3,060.00|
Save up to 10% by booking and paying 10 business days before the course.
Team leaders, supervisors and managers who are responsible for budgeting for their departments
Having completed the Accounting Skills for New Supervisor's Course or have equivalent knowledge and experience
Course Outline / Curriculum
The first part of the day will be spent getting to know the course participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- Finance Jeopardy
- This fun exercise will help you review some key concepts and ideas with participants.
- The Fundamentals of Finance
- In this session, participants will review basic financial concepts, generally accepted accounting principles, and the key players and roles in finance.
- The Basics of Budgeting
- Next, participants will learn what a budget is, what common types of budgets exist, and how their budget should fit into the big picture.
- Parts of a Budget
- Any good plan should have four parts. This session will teach participants what they are.
- The Budgeting Process
- Participants will spend the afternoon of Day One exploring what the budgeting process should look like through lectures and a three-part case study.
- Budgeting Tips and Tricks
- To begin Day Two, participants will look at some dos and don'ts of budgeting.
- Monitoring and Managing Budgets
- In this session, participants will explore how budgets can be managed and monitored.
- Crunching the Numbers
- Participants will get their hands dirty with ratio analysis, including current ratio, quick ratio, debt ratio, net and gross profit margin, return on sales ratio, debt to net worth ratio, cash turnover ratio, collection ratio, investment turnover, and return on investment.
- Getting Your Budget Approved
- This session will show participants how.to get around the politics and pencil-pushers and get the money that they need.
- Comparing Investment Opportunities
- Investment opportunities within the business can be big decisions that require proper planning. This session will give participants a quick guide to making those decisions.
- ISO 9001:2008
- ISO 9001:2008 is a structured process through which a company can raise the quality of the products and services that they provide, and then maintain that level. This session will introduce participants to that process and explore its impact on budgeting.
- Directing the Peerless Data Corporation
- Participants will spend the entire afternoon of Day Two doing an intensive role play. They will play the role of Operations Director of the Peerless Data Corp. As the trainer, you will ask them to make five financial decisions. After each decision is made, debriefing points are provided. We have also provided discussion questions for the end of the exercise.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.