Leading Training is online and available during the Covid-19 Shutdown.
Our staff are working from home and can do the following:
- Webinar training and e-learning
- Development work
We can provide remote assistance to anyone who needs it, however as an IT support company we are willing to provide emergency support to companies that are essential service providers.
If you require any help from us please make use of the live chat below.
This one-day workshop will help you teach participants how to:
- Identify their writing challenges
- Make their writing clear, concise, and correct
- Improve sentence construction and paragraph development
- Identify ways to make their writing simpler and easier to read
- Use the readability index
- Develop effective business letters for tough situations
- Use proper e-mail etiquette
- Develop an appropriate writing style and format for letters, business cases, and reports
- Use standard ways of documenting materials
|Delivery Method||Duration||Price (excl. VAT)|
|Fulltime||1 Day||R 1,838.00|
|Webinar||1 Day||R 1,388.00|
Save up to 10% by booking and paying 10 business days before the course.
Pre-RequisitesBusiness Writing skills
Course Outline / Curriculum
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
The Three C’s
All writing should be clear, concise, and correct. We will look at these three elements in detail during this session and practice each of them.
Grammar and Writing Mechanics
This session will outline seven easy ways to help participants simplify their writing and ensure their grammar is correct. Participants will also take a close look at the proper length of paragraphs, what a paragraph should contain, and how to order paragraphs.
During this session, you will help participants use the readability test (also called the Gunning Fog Index) on their own work.
There are twelve important parts to a business letter, and several different styles. We will examine all of these closely. We will also look at the proper way of folding a letter and placing it into an envelope.
Dealing with Specific Requests
Often people are asked to respond to a request for information or to write a particular letter (of recommendation, for example). We’ll discuss some tips to keep in mind when writing one of these particular documents.
These days, e-mail has become a universal method of communication. However, there are many questions of etiquette and few answers. This session will discuss some common dilemmas and our recommended answers.
Another common task is to write a business case, request for proposal, or a formal report. Where would you start? We will provide some guidelines and checklists that will help with these tasks.
At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.